We have the Lion Mountain in the background. Difficult to do without the imposing forms of the lion when heading towards Mahebourg. It is the symbolic guardian of our village for lasting generations. It represents our will to stand strong and look over our young generation.
The sea (bay of Grand Port) symbolizes hardship, the flow of time, opportunities, and mystery, through which the club will have to venture. Formless and unpredictable, yet people enjoy its turquoise lagoons and
'Mauri-licious' seafood. We use the sea to represent
(1) the period of hardship through troubled waters yet enjoy the period calmness and,
(2) the vast opportunities for development.
Commonly known as 'Pont la Ville-Noire', dates more than two centuries, it withstood the throes of time, and is the pride of Mahebourg. This historical monument of the locality connects Mahebourg its sub-villages. The bridge symbolizes
(1) a lasting link within the Rotaract club Mahebourg,
(2) a solidarity that will withstand all the obstacles that may arise along the way, and
(3) stand as a strong mean to unite communities.
It represents an opportunity to celebrate when fellows (the fishermen) maneuver their boats altogether by few means, but with great passion, and these men of the sea offer us a beautiful spectacle. We use this as an inspiration for our to make a positive contribution to the society no matter how small but impactful. It is an achievement to celebrate while having a good and cheerful spirit in the team.